Advantages of Bourdon tube pressure gauge:
- These Bourdon tube pressure gauges give accurate results.
- Bourdon tube cost low.
- Bourdon tube are simple in construction.
- They can be modified to give electrical outputs.
- They are safe even for high pressure measurement.
- Accuracy is high especially at high pressures.
Limitations of bourdon tube pressure gauge:
- They respond slowly to changs in pressure
- They are subjected to hysterisis.
- They are sensitive to shocks and vibrations.
- Ampilification is a must as the displacement of the free end of the bourdon tube is low.
- It cannot be used for precision measurement.