- Closed loop control systems are more accurate even in the presence of non-linearities
- The sensitivity of the system may be made small to make the system more stable
- The closed loop systems are less affected by noise.
- Closed loop control systems are costlier and complex
- The feedback in the closed loop system may lead to oscillatory response
- The feedback reduces the overall gain of the system
- Stability is the major problem in the closed loop system and more care is needed to design a stable closed loop system.