Disadvantages of Programmable logic controller (PLC, programmable controller) control :-
- There’s too much work required in connecting wires.
- There’s difficulty with changes or replacements.
- It’s always difficult to find errors; And require skillful work force.
- When a problem occurs, hold-up time is indefinite, usually long.
Advantages of Programmable logic controller (PLC) control :-
- Rugged and designed to withstand vibrations, temperature, humidity, and noise.
- Have interfacing for inputs and outputs already inside the controller.
- PLCs are easily programmed and have an easily understood programming language.