Automation Advantages in Industry
When we talk about Automation advantages it always means the reasons we should opt it. People in the automation industry are very keen about it. Most of the fresh graduates are unaware of Advantages of automation.
Automation advantages are different in different segments of Industry. Few automation advantages in industry are discussed here:
- Optimum efficiency : Getting the output in the optimal way with cost effectiveness.
- Low wastage : Low wastage leads to less idle time hence increasing productivity.
- Ease in handling : less wear and tear with automated machinery.
- Greater precision : Repeat ability of a task is program based hence greater precision.
- reduction in labor costs : Less wear and tear removing extra efforts hence reducing labor cost.
- Increased productivity
- Advantages of automation – reduction in the risks of exposure to production hazards
Other aspects of Automation Advantages
Reduce Production Cost – A quick return on investment (ROI) outweighs the initial setup costs. All of the following automation advantages reduce production cost.
Decrease in Part Cycle Time – A lean manufacturing line is crucial for increasing efficiency. Robotics can work longer and faster which increases production rate.
Improved Quality and Reliability – Automation is precise and repeatable. It ensures the product is manufactured with the same specifications and process every time. Repairs are few and far between.
Better Floor Space Utilization – Decreasing a footprint of a work area by automating parts of your production line. You can utilize the floor space for other operations and make the process flow more efficient.
Reduce Waste – Robots are so accurate that the amount of raw material used can be reduced, decreasing costs on waste.
Saves Local Jobs – Instead of moving your company to a location with lower labor costs, incorporate automation in a few key areas. This will increase your product through-put and increase your profit so you can keep your company in the current location.
Stay Competitive – Reduction in schedule and cost attracts customers. Automation helps provide the highest throughput with least amount of spending.