The ASME BPVC Code establishes the rules of safety governing the design, fabrication, inspection, testing, and operation of boilers and pressure vessels, and nuclear power plant components during construction. The objective of these rules is to provide a margin for deterioration in service.
The ASME BPVC code or standards are updated every two years to include advancements in design and material based on the evidence of experience. The ASME BPV Certificate Scopes (BPV Stamp holder Scopes) list the authorized activities for each type of ASME certificate or stamp.
Several ASME stamps or certificates of authorization are required for pressure relief or safety valves on boiler, pressure vessel and pressure equipment such as:
- ASME High Pressure Vessel Safety Valve Accreditation Set
- ASME Pressure Vessel Safety Valve Accreditation Set
- ASME V Stamp - Power Boiler Safety Valves
- ASME HV Stamp - Heating Boilers Safety Valves
- ASME UV Stamp Div 1 - Pressure Vessels Safety Relief Valves
- ASME UV Stamp Div 2 - Pressure Vessels Safety Relief Valves
- ASME UV3 Stamp - Safety Valves for High Pressure Vessels
- ASME TV Stamp - Transport Tanks Safety Valves
- ASME NV Stamp - Nuclear Safety Valves and Nuclear Safety Relief Valves