- CT scan is technique used for recording & processing set of image projections that represent reconstruction of objects scanned.
- A thin layer of object is tomographically scanned with pencil beam.
- The X-ray attenuation is recorded with scintillation counter in group of parallel scans.
- Many angle X-rays are obtained every 180 degree.
- Many projections are stored in computer with complex program, the original object is projected on CRT screen by computer.
- CT scans provide tomograph of skull & brain showing ventricles of brain.