- The LVDT converts the linear displacement into alternating current. And the RVDT converts the angular displacement into the alternating current.
- The LVDT stands for Linear variable displacement transformer while the RVDT stands for Rotatory variable displacement transformer.
- The core of the LVDT is rectangular, and the core of RVDT is the cam in shape.
- The LVDT measures the displacement in the range of ±100μm to ±25cm, and the RVDT measures the angular displacement up to ±40º.
- The LVDT has high sensitivity. It is approximately 2.4mv per volts per degree of rotation. Whereas, the sensitivity of the RVDT is in the range of 2 to 3mv per volt per degree of rotation.
- The input voltage range of LVDT is from 1V to 24V RMS, and the input voltage for RVDT lies up to 3V RMS.