Digital Linear Heat Detector is a continuous heat detector capable of detecting heat anywhere along its length.
The sensor cable is comprised of two steel conductors individually insulated with a proprietary heat sensitive polymer.
The insulated conductors are twisted together to impose a spring pressure between them, then wrapped with a protective tape and finished with a protective outer jacket.
Digital Linear Heat Detector
- Detects at any point along its length providing uniform sensitivity.
- Available in a wide range of operating temperatures and outer jackets.
- Provides alarm point location with suitably configured control panels.
- Simple design for easy troubleshooting and low maintenance costs.
- Outer jackets resist corrosion, chemicals, dust, dirt, moisture, and temperature extremes.
Features & Benefits
- Identifies and displays, at the control panel, the alarm location anywhere along its length when used with the exclusive Protectowire Alarm Point Location Meter.
- Sensitivity not effected by changes in ambient temperature or length of cable used on the detection circuit. Compensating adjustments are not required.
- Simple to install and splice with common tools. Junctions can be made without affecting the integrity of the system.
- Compatible with other types of alarm initiating devices on the same circuit such as manual pull stations, thermal heat detectors and smoke detectors.
- Can be installed in hazardous areas when used with suitably approved Protectowire FireSystem Control Panels.
- Full range of temperatures and models available to accommodate the most demanding applications.
- Different temperature detectors may be utilized in the same initiating circuit.
- Available on stainless steel messenger wire for installations where mounting is difficult such as large open areas.
- Portable test equipment available for easy field service.
- Ideally suited for activation of extinguishment equipment, such as deluge or pre-action sprinkler systems