- Eddy current are circulating current indulged within conductors when excited by an ac source.
- Eddy current increases as thickness of conductor increase, so to prevent losses metal plates are kept as thin as possible.
- A probe is prepared which is excited by ac source and when ever any metal object approaches probe Eddy current will be induced in it.
- This Eddy current will produce field which opposes field of probe as a result flux is reduced.
- The resultant voltage is modulated and passed to low pass filter derives presence of object.
@mehta2155 short & simple explanation. Thanks
also see this animation -