Unisol optical fiber is a thin rod of top-notch glass. It is an adaptable, transparent fiber made through glass or plastic to a distance across barely thicker than that of human hair. Unisol Optical fiber is a dielectric waveguide and preferably has a cylindrical shape. It consists of a core made up of a dielectric material which is surrounded by a cladding made up of a dielectric material of lower refractive index than the core. The optical Fiber function is light over significant distances. Fiber optic wire conveys substantially more information than ordinary copper wire. Optical fibers utilize light to send information through the optical medium.
Structure Of Optical Fiber:
central tube of very thin size made from an optically obvious dielectric medium and consists of the light from a transmitter to receiver. The core diameter can range from approximately 5um-100um.
Outer optical material near the core having a reflecting index lower than the core. It enables to preserve the light within the core at some stage in the phenomena of total inner reflection.
A plastic coating that protects the fiber fabricated from silicon rubber. The standard diameter of the fiber after the coating is 250-300um.
The Optical Fiber is classified into two types :
- Single-mode fiber
- Multimode Fiber
- In a single-mode fiber, only one mode can communicate through the fiber.
- It has a little core diameter(5um) and a high cladding diameter (70um).
- The distinction between the reflective index of core and cladding is extremely little.
- There is neither dispersion nor degradation therefore it is suitable for significant distance communication.
- The light is gone through the single-mode fiber through a laser diode.
- It allows a huge number of modes for light rays going through it.
- The core breadth is 40um and that of cladding is 70um.
- The relative refractive index distinction is also bigger than single-mode fiber.
- There is signal corruption due to multimode dispersion.
- It is not appropriate for significant distance communication due to the wide dispersion and attenuation of the signal.
OPTICAL FIBER BANDWIDTH:
- Single-mode fiber carries light pulses along a single path.
- It utilizes a laser light source.
- It has a completely small middle and carries the most effective light emission of mild it is able to support (GBPS) insights costs over > 100 Km without the utilization of repeaters.
- single-mode data rates up to 10 Gbps with a bandwidth of 20Ghz.
- Multimode fiber has many pulses of mild generated by way of the LED journey at unique angles.
- It can support less bandwidth than single-mode fiber.
- Multimode fiber data rates up to 1 Gbps.
Advantage of Optical Fiber:
- Massive bandwidth to utilize
- Total electrical confinement in the transmission method
- Very low transmission loss
- Small size and transparent
- High signal reliability
- Very low power utilization and wide range of system enlargement etc.
Application of Optical fiber:
- In telecommunication field
- Civil, control and communications systems
- In Military application
- Broadband Application
- Local area networks (LANs)
- Industrial control systems etc.