How-to Select Resistance thermometer ?
- Select the right one among various RTDs on the basis of temperature range and accuracy requirement.
- RTDs work best under the temperature range of -200ºC-850ºC.
- If you need a higher level of accuracy then RTD is better option.
- RTD’s are commonly used in applications where repeatability and accuracy are important considerations. Properly constructed Platinum RTD’s have very repeatable resistance vs. temperature characteristics over time.
- RTD can be used where Stability, Sensitivity and Linearity is important parameter.
- RTD Design selection:
- Good heat transition between sheath and the temperature probe to permit short response time and high measuring accuracy.
- RTD designshould withstand the process vibrations.