The following points provide brief guideline in tubing and fitting design for instrument tubing and fittings. The selection preferences may vary between projects.
- Selection of hook up materials shall consider process fluid pressure and pressure rating to ensure good sealing and integrity.
- Tubing thickness shall be selected based on application pressure rating. Consult with the manufacturer for pressure rating of each tubing thickness.
- Double compression-type tubing fittings are preferred.
- It is absolutely necessary to use a single manufacturer’s type components of tubing and fitting for the whole project.
- Mixing different threaded fittings from different manufacturers is not allowed as it could leads to poor fitting sealing.