Instrumentation ONGC interview Questions

In my interview, it was based on industrial training.

1. Tell us about yourself. (Typical explanation, I did not mention my BE project but I told them about my industrial training. )
  2. Did you saw vibration measurement at your plant? where? Explain the principle. - Answered.
  3. What are the types of a control system? - Answered (OL system, CL system, cascade system, Feed forward etc.)
  4. At what place in your plant Cascade control system is used? - Answered. (In the boiler )
  5. Ok, you are right but For what control? - Answered (To control the water level in boiler drum).
  6. What is the sizing of a control valve, Cv? - Answered.
  7. Types of Actuators?
  8. Do you know about Shut down valve? - I didn’t know exactly but I have seen it during my training. so told some points, then they asked the size i saw at the plant.
  9. Name some level measurement devices?

Then interview chairperson and the technical person said Ok, Shivam, you can go now. but one-panel member interrupted and said I want to ask a question. what could I say, I was ready for another question

1. What is Resistivity? - he wants exact definition and I think he was not convinced.

2. What will be the Change in resistance when a wire has resistance R and radius r and length l, stretched longitudinally until radius becomes r/2?- It is simple but there was no pen and paper so, i have to think about it in my mind. then it becomes clumsy, and the panel was in hurry. they were not giving much time to any candidate.

Another Candidate info, In Instrumentation ONGC interview:

1st doc. verification. My interview was on 3rd no. on that day.

1st question was intro. yourself(as usual). Then they asked do you know about analytical Instru. I realised my interview will be worst. & I said no sir. Then they asked if control valve inlet side is horizontal & outlet side is vertical, is it possible??? I said yes. We have to control flow only.

3rd ques was do you know about safety instruments. Tell me about these instruments.

4.flashing & cavitation.

1. Types of level measurement.

2. Tell me in sight glass method if the measuring side has water & you have to see from far distance then what material we use as mixture with so that we can see from far distance.

3. About family background.

4. Types of actuators.

9.Your role model.

1. As you also know our plants are too outer & if we won’t give you transfer for 10 years or more, won’t you start weeping??