Motor starters are of many types however the scope of this PLC tutorial is confined to simple motor starter.
It should have the following provisions.
- Push button to start the motor : The motor should continue to rotate even when the push button is released.
- Stop Push button to halt the motor after it started.
- Over current protection : In case of over load, the motor should stop automatically by the signal coming from contactors of overload relay.
- Limit switch : It should prevent the motor from starting and can also stop the running motor.
- The motor starter should also have indicator (Lights) to show ON or OFF status of motor.