- For measuring unknown capacitance, we make use of Schering bridge.
- It makes use of comparison of impedance of opposite arms to determine value of capacitance.
- Commercially available Schering bridge can measure capacitance from 100pF to 1pF with 2% accuracy.
- Widely used for testing small capacitors at low voltage with high precision.
- It consists of power dissipation factor D=omega * R1 * C1, C1 need to be calibrated.
- Calibration of C1 is good at particular frequency.
- Used when phase angle is 90 degree.