Factors that need to be considered are:
- Motor Nameplate Full Load Current (FLC) and voltage.
- Type of load.
- The environment:
- Enclosure IP rating.
- Ambient Temperature.
- Protection from Sunlight & other heat sources.
- Actual Supply Voltage.
- Appropriate derating for Single Phase operation.
- Adequate Supply Capacity Available.
- Variable frequency drive Options required.
- Special requirements from motor or pump manufacturer.
For more information on how to select/operate a VFD, it’s better to contact the VFD manufacturers.