MCB (Miniature Circuit Breakers) :
- MCB trips off in case of excessive load.
- MCB is to be just put-on after correcting the fault in wiring.
- Since we do not change the MCB, there is no risk of putting on the MCB/switch even if the fault is not correctly repaired.
- Compact, small equipment.
- Works on Bi-metal expansion or induced magnetism.
- Relatively costlier than fuse.
- Fuse melts/fuses in case of excessive load.
- Fuse needs to be replaced with a new one.
- There is a risk of putting on the switch in case; due to ignorance higher capacity fuse-wire is positioned.
- Porcelain base and top. Not attractive.
- Works on melting/fusing due to high temperature.
- Relatively cheaper than MCB.