Wireless Transmission for instrumentation

Hello guys,
I want to establish a wireless means of communication in a very harsh & rugged environment, could you suggest any cost effective & reliable solution for it.

Also specify hardware component along with it’s model number
I am also not getting network connectivity so that I could have gsm/gprs module in plc.
Also the requirement is such we need omni-directional router, it should not be LOS and have relay based output compatible with 24VDC supply.

I have searched following transmitters listed below, please suggest if any other device is compatible:

1. HoneyWell XYR6000 transmitter
  2. Industrial IWLAN
  3. RM1224 Industrial communication

The above devices are quite expensive please suggest any other alternative.

The below device was perfect to the requirements but has LOS of 110 m.

Then I thought of installing Xbee, but has range of 100m only & alsoit is not rugged please suggest any module compatible for wireless transmission.

1 Like

You can search for GSM based communication devices.

As it is mobile communication based operating field devices, there will be no limit in terms of distance or no communication loss.

1 Like

Are you sure because i am not getting any mobile connectivity there, & the application requires continuous connection.

What about RF communication ?

i think we have free licence RF frequency available to use for communication purpose.

What is your maximum required distance for communication ?

and what is your purpose ?

1 Like

I have searched RF modules but TTL compatible devices require rs485 to rs232 converts, increasing hardware components would detotriate ruggedness also I need to get smps for powering RF module. So I want single wireless module might be an iot device or any wireless transmitter like wise-4000 series. If you get any plz send me model number.
Distance is around 3 km, it shouldn’t be LOS.

Wireless I/O from Phoenix Contact is the ideal solution for the wireless transfer of digital or analog I/O signals. The right choice for your I/O communication in process and control technology.

Your advantages

• Reduced installation and maintenance costs by eliminating cables
  • Mobility for mobile or interchangeable automation components, thanks to wireless I/O communication
  • No operating costs for transmission media, thanks to wear-free wireless technology
  • Quick and easy startup, thanks to user-friendly installation

I have referred its data sheet as per it "
The device is not designed for use in atmospheres with a danger of dust explosions"

Plz suggest an explotion proof device.

1 Like

I think its not an issue at all. We all use high voltage devices or control panels in oil and gas industries (field) with proper enclosure protection or/and with Purge & Pressurization techniques.

You can do the same to avoid these issues.

You can install any equipment with proper protection standards.

Please check them also.

or contact the O.E.M.they will help you.

1 Like

I have another problem it has got omnidirectional range up to 200m only.

My range is 3km, also truck movements & industrial electromagnetic inferences might detotriate signals.

Hi,

Also check Radioline model - its the powerful one.

Contact local vendor, they have many models available within their products range. They will help you to finalize the model as per your requirement.

I am thinking on using some kind of WiFi device, could you suggest any product. I have found industrial routers listed below:
1) F-R100

Hi, its not possible to suggest you some idea without knowing exact requirement and application. Pl share the details.

ETC is excited to announce the arrival of our brand new wire replacement system! The Iris Wireless Bridge provides the ability to use Cyclops plunger arrival sensors in industrial applications where wire is not an economically viable or easily attainable option. Designed to replace traditional wire and trenching with plug and play equipment, Iris is a cost-effective, easy to use system that safely enables up to 2 switches per node to be powered and relayed back to a panel-mounted gateway up to ½ mile away. Installation is quick and easy; Simply terminate Cyclops to the Iris Wireless Bridge Plunger Sensor Node and connect the outputs on the Gateway to any standard control system. To get more out of your Iris Wireless Bridge at a single well site, connect an additional switch to the second discrete input to wirelessly monitor pressures or tanks. For use in multi-well applications, connect up to two Cyclops sensors per Node, or use the Modbus interface with additional nodes to expand the number of linked devices.

Looking to connect additional devices, or need a wireless solution for another switch or sensor? The Iris Wireless Bridge comes with a flexible interface to enable a variety of system configurations and applications. The current state of up to 2 switches and a Modbus device connected to each node can be read from the gateway using the integrated Modbus Slave interface, while the Iris Gateway can connect to up to 240 nodes. Additional nodes are available with a range of sensor interfaces including Analog, HART, Modbus, RTDs and Turbine Meters.

Cyclops-Product-Images-sm

GATEWAY SPECIFICATIONS

Supply Voltage 6 V DC – 36 V DC
Radio Power 500 mW
Switch/Sensor Interface 2 x Dry contact discrete outputs
Communications Interface RS-485 Modbus RTU Slave
Operating Temperature -40°C to +85°C (-40°F to +185°F)
Certification Class I, Division 2, Non-incendive, Temp Code T5, Groups C&D
Humidity 0-100% condensing
Antenna Type Omnidirectional
Antenna Gain 5 dB
Receive Sensitivity -105 dB
Range 3 miles
Frequency 902-928 MHz license-free ISM band compliant with FCC Part 15
Nodes Up to 240 separate nodes
Networks Up to 64 separate networks
Internal Diagnostics Line voltage, signal strength, error conditions, event logging
Enclosure DIN rail mounted
1 Like