Remote seal systems should be used if a separation between the measured medium and the measuring instrument is appropriate or essential for the following reasons:
• The temperature of the medium is outside the limits specified for the transmitter.
• The medium is corrosive and requires diaphragm materials in the transmitter which are not available.
• The medium is highly viscous or contains solids which would block the measuring chambers of the transmitter.
• The medium may freeze in the measuring chambers or impulse line.
• The medium is heterogeneous and fibrous.
• The medium tends towards polymerization or crystallization.
• The process requires quick-release remote seals, as necessary e.g. in the food industry for fast cleaning.
• The process requires cleaning of the measuring site, e.g. in a batch process.