Mobile wireless router for high bandwidth remote communication
The RUGGEDCOM RM1224 is a mobile wireless router with 4G LTE connectivity and automatic fallback to 3G UMTS or EVDO cellular networks. It is ideally suited for providing data communication to and from remote locations.
The RUGGEDCOM RM1224 wireless router comes with an integrated 4 port Fast Ethernet switch, one digital input and one digital output.
Thanks to its high bandwidths and performance capabilities the RUGGEDCOM RM1224 wireless router can be deployed in a diverse range of applications: from the integration of remote substations and feeder devices to rail wayside applications and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), as well as remote video surveillance.
The RUGGEDCOM RM1224 router comes with an integrated 4 port switch, which can be used to connect up to four Ethernet devices. In addition it comes with two antenna connections, making it possible for operators to use multiple receive and transmit paths (antenna diversity) and thus increase both signal quality and bandwidth. The RUGGEDCOM RM1224 has digital IO (one input and one output) for applications like setting up secured VPN connections upon user button push. Furthermore, the device is equipped with its own redundant power supply for bridging short-term power failures.
The RUGGEDCOM RM1224 is characterized by a compact housing, which means that it’s ideal in control cabinets with limited space available.
The RUGGEDCOM RM1224 offers downlink speeds of up to 100 Mbit/s and uplink speeds of up to 50 Mbit/s via LTE. When there is no LTE available, the RUGGEDCOM RM1224 supports HSPA+ (Evolved High Speed Packet Access) and EVDO (Evolution Data Optimized), depending on the available mobile service provider infrastructure. This 3G mode enables high transmission rates to end devices (downlink) of up to 14.4 Mbit/s and back to the telecommunications network (uplink) of up to 5.76 Mbit/s.
With regards to security the RM1224 offers an end-to-end communication link encryption via either IPsec or OpenVPN and in addition the RUGGEDCOM RM1224 has an integrated firewall.
[ Configure your RUGGEDCOM product ]
The RUGGEDCOM-Selector lets you configure RUGGEDCOM products quickly, easily, and efficiently, by using targeted navigation through selection menus or by entering item numbers. Selected products can then be ordered directly by transferring the parts list into the Industry Mall.
. [General Features]
- 2 SMA ports for Wireless WAN Interface (4G/3G/2G) with uplink speeds up to 100 Mbit/s
- 4 x 10/100 Mbits/s ports (10/100TX)
- C-/KEY-PLUG Slot for configuration storage
- Digital Input and Digital Output
- Integrated 24 VDC power supply
- -40 °C to +75 °C operating temperature (no fans)
- CSA/UL 60950 safety approved to +70 °C
- ATEX and FM for hazardous locations
- Web-based and Command Line Interface (CLI) management interfaces
- SNMP v1/v2c/v3
- Remote Syslog
- Rich set of diagnostics with logging and alarms
- NAT/NAPT (Network Address and Port Translation)
- Integrated DHCP Server
Cyber security features
- VPN – OpenVPN and IPSec IPSEC for reliable authentication (identification) of the network stations, data encryption and verification of data integrity
- Stateful Inspection Firewall: Filters data packets and disables or enables communication links in accordance with the filter list.
- SSH / SSL – extends capability of password protection to add encryption of passwords and data as they cross the network
- Enable / disable ports – capability to disable ports so unauthorized devices can’t connect to unused ports
- 802.1Q VLAN – provides the ability to logically segregate traffic between predefined ports on switches
- SNMPv3 – encrypted authentication
and access security for secure access via Network Management Systems
- HTTPS – for secure access to the