The efficiency class system specified under IEC 60034-30 is valid for low voltage three phase cage-induction motors with the following specifications:
- Rated voltage up to 1000V
- Rated output between 0.75kW and 375kW
- 2, 4, or 6 poles
- Rated on the basis of continuous duty (S1) or intermittent periodic duty (S3) with a cyclic duration factor of 80% or higher
- Capable of operating direct on-line
- Rated for operating conditions in accordance with IEC 60034-1 (temperature, installation altitude.etc.)
- Motor with feet, flanges and/or shafts with mechanical dimensions different from IEC 60072-1 are covered by this standard.