Why Calibration is important for sensors ?
- To achieve the highest possible accuracy, a sensor should be calibrated according to the system where it will be used.
- Even in manufacturing, same type of sensors yield slightly different readings from one another. Therefore, they need calibration to give same readings.
- The sensor may give different output during storage, shipment,delivery and assembly.
- Sensor is subject to heat, shock, cold and humidity and may give a different output which is not acceptable.
- Sensor gets deviate with age which in turn does not give accurate reading. In order to get accurate measurement, the sensor should be re-calibrated time-to-time.
- A timely calibrated temperature sensor will give accurate readings which give effective and correct measurements that are beneficial in long run and quality maintenance.